Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy 50th Anniversary

Tomorrow we will be visiting Mom.

She wants all of us kids and grandkids to be there tomorrow because if Dad were still alive,
it would be their
50th Wedding Anniversary.

That amazes me.

Although he didn't quite make it, he did make it to 48 years,
married to the same wonderful woman,
my mom.

She had changed over the years and he had changed with her.
She'd grown and so did he.
She became independent even before she would need those skills that would help her survive taking care of my dad and herself.

I am SO proud of my mom.

She's a woman I totally aspire to be-
and let me tell you,
it is difficult.

In a world where the older generation seems "left behind", she has kept up.
She has an email and loves her IPAD.
She drives to watch ALL of her grandchildren's games, as well as to Corona to keep a watchful eye on those two rascals, the twins.
She still has an opinion and is a wise and wonderful woman.
She is still learning and does not hesitate to add her "2 cents" when necessary.
She still cooks, cleans, & reads, renovates.

Mom,
Happy 50th Anniversary.

I love you
and know
Dad loved you...
until his very last breath.

I hope I can become half the
wonderful, loving, powerful
woman
YOU ARE!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    Just knowing that this will be a hard day for you, but a happy one, too. You were a wonderful wife, and Moe loved you very much - (he still does!)

    May this day of celebration give you just a foretaste of the joy that awaits you in Heaven - when you will see Moe again, and the two of you will see the face of our Lord!

    Have a good day with family.

    Love and GOD BLESS!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete