Thursday, February 11, 2010

Moe's Service- Update Feb. 11, 2010

WHEW! After spending 4 1/2 hours trying to finalize Dad's arrangements, we have a place and time.
Dad's service will be held this
Saturday, Feb. 13th at 10:30 at Evergreen Baptist Church in Rosemead. The address is 1255 San Gabriel Blvd., Rosemead, 91770.

Immediately following the service, we will be having a reception at
Montebello Plymouth Congregational Church in Montebello- the address is 144 S. Greenwood Avenue, Montebello, 90640

PLEASE join us so we can share some of the memories that we have of Dad, Grandpa, Moe, Uncle Moe, and Coach.
We would all love to see you there-
Jan

3 comments:

  1. Gene, though you are gone, I would like to share a few thoughts with you. I will always remember you as a fellow SF Baron with your red club jacket. When you entered a room, you presence was immediately noticed. Your resounding voice and laughter still reverberates in my head. You and Mich were our big brother Barons to us younger ones. In many ways, you were our role model. Thanks for filling my youth with your wonderful leadership and friendship. Love, Sab Fukuda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Janet,
    I would like to share this with you. Yesterday, I was driving home and the rain had stopped. Behind me was a brightness shining through the clouds. In front of me was a rainbow. I knew at that moment that God was opening his gates for your father. It was so beautiful. What a blessing to know that your father is in heaven. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for your family. Love, Darilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talofa Kawamoto's,
    I just wanted to say I am so sorry to hear about Moe's passing. Your Dad was a great man whom I have grown to know the past 9 yrs. I met him and Lefty on a Blackjack table back in 2001 when I was there for work, picking up a fugitive from Hawaii. Over the years we kept in touch and I was blessed to have a "second" Dad. Your father's alofa, I am Samoan, was seen in his smile, his laughter and his wonderful hugs.
    We exchanged info in 2001, so I could send him candy and over the years, we kept in touch. My family and I met up with him again in Feb. 2008 when we were at Disneyland. My family just wanted you to know we loved Moe and he was always in our prayers. We are happy to know he is pain free now and in a much better place. He is smiling down on us, letting us know, one day we will meet again. God Bless you all, The Koanui's from Kapolei, Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete