Friday, February 5, 2010

Going Home- Feb 5, 2010

I have been in Dallas for the last 5 days and got back yesterday. Before I left, we had a family meeting with the doctor to discuss Dad's next step. He had two choices, he could fight and work towards gaining enough weight to be able to go through the procedure for his heart or he could pretty much say he was done trying and would go home- at that time, he told the Doctor that he "wanted his legs back" which we thought meant he wanted to fight. You know how stubborn he can be, so I wasn't suprised.
Well, to make a long story very short, plans had changed while I was gone.
Dad came home today- I saw him at the hospital before they brought him home and he looked good- at peace and happy. He smiled at me and seemed lighter, happier.
Joan and Mom came later and we were able to catch up-
I do have to admit that I cried like a little girl when I saw him ...he's very thin, weak and doesn't have a lot of energy. I do know that when I talked to him about "coming home", he smiled. He smiled a lot actually, more than I've seen him in a while.

Mom got him a 24 hour care giver and we want Dad to be as comfortable as possible.

Friends and family are welcome to visit ANYTIME- and I would recommend stopping by if you have a chance-

Dad is where he wants to be. He is at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment