Saturday, January 9, 2010

Latest Update: January 9, 2010

I saw Dad yesterday and he looked good. He was happy to see me and asked about John. "Where is John", he asked. I told him that John was at work because it was Friday. During that first hour or so as he lay in bed dozing in and out and when he did wake up would tell me that he wanted to go for a walk, then he would quickly close his eyes and doze off. After the third time he told me he wanted to get up, I called for the staff to help me get him into his wheelchair but by the time they arrived, he was back asleep.

Uncle Yogi and Aunty Joy came to visit. They have been family friends since forever! We laughed and Uncle shared some funny memories of Dad...mentioning that he has always been helpful to every and anyone (this I already knew) and how much he loved people. Thank you, Dad, for being such an amazing example of this..... he smiled as Uncle was sharing...

Uncle also brought up that Dad had numerous cars. I remember the beige VW, the green station wagon, the station wagon w/the brown wood sticker down the side of it, the dune buggy (one of my favorites) the van, the motorcycle, the Z, the pickup, and the two vans. These were just HIS cars.....

Next week Dad will be admitted to UCLA to prepare for a procedure that will help him have a better quality of life- my mom can explain the details but we are very excited about this-

No comments:

Post a Comment