Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Monday with Moe

I visited Dad yesterday and when I got there he was asleep, as usual. He had the tube for oxygen in his nose and his breathing was very deliberate. When I visit I usually say, "Hi, Dad!" so he'll know I'm there and also to wake him up. He was wearing a white t-shirt and looked up at me to say "hi". I think he said something like, "I'm glad to see you". His speech was clearer and he looked at me and smiled. I asked him how he was doing and he said he was ok. During the first hour , he would occassionally wake up. When he did open his eyes and look around, he commented about his skin looking brown and then he also spoke of "someone" writing a book about him or making a movie about him or the marines.
He livened up around 10:30 and we watched "Overhaulin'" which is a show where they refurbish old cars. He watched (off and on) two episodes.....
Mom said Dad is going to be moved to UCLA this week to prep him for his procedure but didn't know exactly when....

No comments:

Post a Comment